Thursday, July 21, 2011

{La Good Ideas - Bouquet & Garter Toss}

Ah the bouquet and garter toss...  Love it?  Hate it?  Either way, we won't judge.  But for those on the fence, here are some unique twists on this old standby.

Photo by the ever fabulous Tim Eng
From personal experience, as a single lady, I always detested going out into the fray to catch the bouquet. And my how I would have been mortified to have some random single dude put a garter up my leg if I accidentally caught the bouquet!  However, as a bride, I really wanted to hurl some flowers at my single friends, hoping to chuck some happiness their way.  So, I chose to do the bouquet toss.  We chose some very tongue in cheek music for the event - Move B***** by Ludacris (censored), to be exact.  My groom & I followed tradition and did our tosses, but, that's where we stopped playing by the rules.  Instead of having the single lady who caught the bouquet sit down to be "gartered" by the single man, we had them switch roles.  That was our little way of avoiding any mortification & having a good laugh.

Natalie & Luis opted for yet another variation on the bouquet/garter toss at their May 7th reception. Let's take a look, shall we? 

{Following photos by the talented Mr. Richard B. Flores.}
Traditional bouquet toss...

Let's blindfold the single gentleman "to make things interesting".

Unbeknown to the single gentleman, things are definitely going to be interesting. 
The garter went higher & higher...
Until the single gentleman figured out that something just didn't seem right...
A good time and a good laugh was had by all.  

Regardless of whether you decide to have a bouquet/garter toss or not, it's important to not be afraid to add some levity and humor to your big day!  It's the party of your lives, right? So, enjoy it! 

Cheers!
LaVERE

No comments:

Post a Comment